Bumbu Bali Cooking Class
DISCOVER THE FLAVORS, TASTES AND SPICES OF OUR MAGICAL ISLAND OF GODS
Inaugurated in 1997, Bumbu Bali is managed by Heinz von Holzen, author of several cookery books on Balinese and Indonesian cuisine. The Swiss chef came to the region originally to work in Singapore with Hyatt and Hilton, before moving to Bali to open the Grand Hyatt as an executive chef; He later opened the Ritz Carlton (now the Ayana) as executive chef.
From its wood furnishings to the dim lighting and traditional Balinese knack knacks, all that is missing is the salty sea breeze to transport you to Bali. Very affordable because of its specialty, the menu is predominantly seasoned with meat, chicken and seafood BBQ over a coconut shell fire, and even their meats have been Bali-nised with their brand of lemongrass marinade. The Nasi Campur (mixed rice) special is a good way to try the different flavors as it comes with sate, grilled chicken, prawns, fish and cuttlefish. Children who do not favor Indonesian food can order from the western children's menu offering chicky pasta, chicken liqueurs and fish fingers, all served with juice or soy milk.
The extravagant picturesque of the Bali Indonesian island is reflected in its unique cuisine. Discover the destination through its unique food and enjoy a cuisine that offers delights such as roasted duck on banana leaf, roasted pork, Sates, a large selection of vegetables, meat and fish salads, the famous black rice pudding and an ever changing selection of Balinese cakes. This and many more unusual creations, which will certainly please even the palates of the fabled gods of Bali.
Classes start with an early morning visit to the local vegetable and fish market where many of the ingredients are purchased for the day’s program. This includes spices, meat, chicken, cakes and the freshest available seafood. Visitors will witness and experience the very busy, early morning activities of the local community, who is eager to finish their shopping well before 8.00 am. Next we visit the one and only fish market on Bali where we collect the freshest fish directly from the returning fishing fleet. No fish will make it into our shopping basket that has not crystal clear eyes and carries the freshness of the wide ocean.
After a satisfying breakfast of Balinese cakes, fruits, black rice pudding and a bowl of tender sweet rice flour dumplings in palm sugar coconut sauce; we will leave the comfort of the dining pavilion and enter the wide open Balinese kitchen. Dressed in black and white aprons and a copy of 20 recipes participants will be guided through the many secrets, and flavors of Bali’s cuisine.
- Kuah Siap – Chicken Stock
- Nasi Kuning – Yellow Rice
- Bubuh Injin – Black Rice Pudding
- Base be Pasih – Seafood Spice Paste
- Base Gede – Basic Spice Paste
- Ayam Betutu – Grilled Chicken in Banana Leaf
- Be Celeng Base Manis – Pork in Sweet Soy Sauce
- Sate Ayam – Chicken Sates
- Sate Sampi – Beef Sate
- Sate Tempe – Fermented Soy Bean Cake Sate
- Base Sate- Peanut Sauce
- Tum Ayam – Minced Chicken in Banana Leaf
- Pecelan – Vegetable Salad in Peanut Dressing
- Ayam Pelalah – Shredded Chicken with Chili and Lime
- Pisang Goreng – Fried Bananas
- Nasi Goreng Mawut – Special Fried Rice with Noodles, Chicken and Vegetables
What to do
- Learn technique of cooking
- See the way of traditional cook
What to bring
- Pen and notebook
- Cash money
- Discuss via live chat / whatsapp +62 817 972 6168, we will answer all your question about and queries
- Register to our website
- Add to cart the product you want to buy
- Follow the checkout process
- Choose payment method (credit card / paypal / cash on arrival)
- Confirm order
- Your booking is confirmed instantly and you will receive confirmation letter via email. Please make reservation when you will use the voucher to our phone / whatsapp / wechat / line : +62 817 972 6168 or email : email@example.com, and reconfirm 1 day before use the voucher
- View your order history on your account
- Click download voucher
- Print voucher
Terms and conditions
- Free pick up in nusa dua and tanjung benoa area
- Voucher valid until March, 31, 2018
- Voucher include tax and service
- Balitravelshop.com can refuse the voucher if customer not yet makes reservation before.
- Voucher are not refundable
- Voucher cannot combined with other promotions