Barong Dance in Bali
BARONG DANCE BALI
BARONG DANCE BALI, BARONG AND KRIS DANCE BALI, BARONG DANCE UBUD, BARONG AND KERIS DANCE BALI, BARONG & KERIS DANCE BALI
LEARN ABOUT THE BALINESE CULTURE BY WATCHING THE BARONG AND KRIS DANCE BALI
Barong Dance Bali is one of the distinctive arts communities of Bali, a traditional performance in which the struggle between good and evil is portrayed where Barong itself is symbolic of goodness with shape like a lion. Barong dance bali tells the story of the battle between Barong and Rangda, Rangda is a symbol of malice shaped like a giant with a big canine. Both are a reflection of human action in everyday life with good and bad behavior, or in Balinese called Dharma and Adharma.
The Barong Bali dance: "Lord of the forest" and magical protector of the Balinese peoples, the Barong Bali dance is a mythical, hairy, half lunar creature, half lion, with a long mane, fantastic tusks and bulging eyes. It is powered by two men who maneuver the costume with whimsical and mischievous moves to express their fun-loving nature. Barong's opponent is Rangda, the evil witch who rules over the spirits of Darkness. The Barong Bali dance symbolizes the eternal struggle between good and evil. Barong and Rangda struggle is also a subject of traditional narratives made in temples and takes various forms. And once again, the good - Barong - will reign over evil.
Someone may die or be seriously injured in a Barong dance. The Barong is a figure which is used to expel evil. It is said that if Rangda's spell is too strong, a weak soldier may not be able to resist it, even with the help of Barong. He may end up hurting himself with his own keris.
The masks of Barong and Rangda are considered sacred objects, and before being taken out, a priest must be present to offer blessings by sprinkling them with holy water taken from Mount Agung, and offerings should be offered.
Enjoy the convenience of round-trip transportation from your hotel on this enriching cultural tour.
Duration : 60 Minutes
What to do
- Watch Barong show
- Take photos
What to bring
- Mineral Water
- Discuss via live chat / whatsapp +62 817 972 6168, we will answer all your question about and queries
- Register to our website
- Add to cart the product you want to buy
- Follow the checkout process
- Choose payment method (credit card / paypal / cash on arrival)
- Confirm order
- Your booking is confirmed instantly and you will receive confirmation letter via email. Please make reservation when you will use the voucher to our phone / whatsapp / wechat / line : +62 817 972 6168 or email : email@example.com, and reconfirm 1 day before use the voucher
- View your order history on your account
- Click download voucher
- Print voucher
Terms and conditions
- Operational time (09.00 - 10.00)
- Voucher valid until March, 31, 2018
- Voucher include tax and service
- Balitravelshop.com can refuse the voucher if customer not yet makes reservation before.
- Voucher are not refundable
- Voucher cannot combined with other promotions